Date last updated: October 1, 2023
YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US
“Website” means and includes corporate.elevate.com and any and all interactive features, content, downloads, mobile applications, and other electronic services maintained by Elevate Credit, Inc. (“Elevate”) Elevate and all of its subsidiaries and affiliates are hereby referred to as “we,” “us,” or “our.”
1. Information We Collect
We collect personal data from you through your use of the Website and from other sources as described herein. Depending on how you interact with our Website, we may collect your name, email address, and employment information when you fill out online forms, surveys, registration forms, or other documents or submissions.
We also automatically collect certain personal data through your use of the Website and our use tracking technologies, such as the following:
- Usage Information. For example, pages on the Website you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on the Website.
- Device Information. Information obtained from webpage http headers (home server domain names, IP address, type of client computer, and type of browser).
2. How do we use information we collect?
- Comply with all reporting and other legal requirements;
- Enhance your experience on our Website;
- Verify employment details upon request;
- Respond to questions or outreach we receive via the Website;
- Conduct statistical analyses;
- Defend our legal rights and the rights of others;
- Fulfill any other purposes for which you provide it; and
- For any purpose that is reasonably necessary to or compatible with the original purpose for which we collected the information as disclosed to you;
- To identify and track Website visitor behavior, prevent fraudulent activity, improve customer service, and increase Website security.
3. Online Tracking.
Do Not Track is a web browser setting that requests websites and applications to disable their tracking of an individual user. Our Website does not respond to Do Not Track settings in your browser.
4. What about Cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data sent from a website and stored on a user's web browser. When the user browses the same website in the future, the data stored in the cookie can be retrieved by the website to notify the website of the user's previous activity. Cookies let you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience.
Our Website does not track cookies. To find out more about managing cookies or how to see what cookies have been set on a browser visit All About Cookies. Additionally, To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across websites, visit Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
5. What information do we share with others?
- With vendors who perform data or Website-related services on our behalf (e.g., email, hosting, maintenance, backup, analysis, etc.);
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- To establish, exercise, or defend our or a third party’s legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention;
- With any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal data where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal data;
- With any other person or entity as part of any business or asset sale, equity transaction, merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, or in preparation for any of these events;
- With any other person or entity where you consent to the disclosure; and
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the personal data or for any other purpose we deem necessary, including to protect the health or safety of others.
6. How is information collected on the Website protected?
We maintain commercially reasonable security measures to protect the personal data we collect and store from loss, misuse, destruction, or unauthorized access. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Although we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
7. Do we collect information about children?
We respect the privacy of your children, and we comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA"). Our Website is not directed to children under the age of thirteen (13) and we do not knowingly collect, retain, or use personal information from our Website about children under the age eighteen (18). We request that persons under the age of eighteen (18) years old or anyone who is unable to form legally binding contracts not use the Website. If a child whom we know to be under the age of eighteen (18) sends personal information to us online, we will take steps to delete the personal information as soon as possible.
8. Social Media
If you interact with us on social media and to understand your choices, please review the privacy options and settings on those platforms.
9. California Residents.
11. Contact us.
Privacy Support E-Mail:
4150 International Plaza, Suite 300
Fort Worth, Texas 76109
Effective Date: October 1, 2023 – Version 3.0.